SportsRecruits is the leading sports recruiting network, connecting athletes, clubs, events, and college coaches in the recruiting process. The company’s network and tools are trusted by sports organizations such as the IWLCA, IMLCA, NFHCA, and Junior Volleyball Association. Every year, millions of connections are made on the network, resulting in commitments to the best academic and athletic institutions.
SportsRecruits is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and equal opportunity on our team. Just like the student-athletes we support, we are trying to get better and stronger as a team everyday. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We truly believe that the more inclusive our team is, the better we can serve all student-athletes, as well as their families and coaches, who are pursuing their dreams.
About the Team
We are a product development team full of fun, intelligent, happy, and hardworking engineers, designers and product managers distributed across the United States. We are profitable, funded and giving more high school athletes the ability to play college athletics than any other recruiting tool out there. Your input and coding/problem solving skills will make a direct impact in how we scale and grow the company.
About the Position
This role will guide the front-end development for client-facing digital products including websites, mobile apps, and other software efforts.
This position will be reporting to the Director of Product Engineering. This is a remote role on a remote team working across the United States. If you are located in NYC, you will have the option to go into our downtown Manhattan Wework office if you choose to.
You will contribute to solving complex problems that will make our platform even better at connecting thousands of student athletes and college programs. Some interesting projects we’ve recently worked on are:
- In-browser video clipping and editing for making highlight reels
- Robust player search and matching for college coaches
- React-native based hybrid iOS/Android app for recruiting events scheduling
- Tools for partner events to import rosters of athletes with built-in column mapping, de-duping and validation rules to automatically merge duplicate user data
- Experience as a professional software developer
- Experience in one or more modern frontend frameworks (e.g. Vue, React, Angular)
- Stack alignment isn’t a requirement, but you have the ability to learn and adapt to our tech stack: Vue / Laravel
- Built, or learning how to build, high-quality, performant, maintainable software incrementally and pragmatically
- Used, or learning how to use, context-appropriate automated testing to inform software design choices and increase confidence in deliverables and refactoring
- Debugged, tested, and refactored pre-existing code to incrementally improve it
- Understands cross-browser issues and debugging
- Passionate about good design and usability
- Able to flex, as needed, by taking on backend work
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tailwind CSS and/or utility based CSS Frameworks
- Familiar with with SEO optimizations and analytics tools
- Familiar/involved with open source projects and workflows
- Advanced knowledge of Flexbox, CSS Grid, and CSS3 animations. You’ve pushed the boundaries of SVG and Canvas animations and you’re often figuring out how the fancy animated effect you stumbled onto works
- Have experience with CLI tooling. You’ve set up build processes to compile various front end projects
- Mentored and shared knowledge with colleagues, adapted to suggestions, made thoughtful recommendations to your team, and worked collaboratively
- Independent, self-motivated, inquisitive
- Flexible and adaptable to uncertainty and adversity
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Growth-oriented mindset: consistently learning and experimenting with new ideas, techniques, and paradigms; seeks out feedback
- Proactive and positive attitude
What We Offer:
It’s important to us that our team is happy, and we're always looking for ways to improve our overall work culture and support our employees’ well-being. Here are a few of the benefits we offer at this time:
- The base salary range in for this position is $110,000 - $140,000
- Start to finish project ownership
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with company match after 1 year
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Option to work remote or in our Manhattan office
This is a remote position, but there is an option to work either full or part-time from our Manhattan office. We’ve spent a lot of time cultivating a remote version of the lively and tight knit company culture that we had in our Brooklyn office. Whether our teammates feel most comfortable working remote or in the office long-term, we’re confident that we’ll continue to foster a connected, supportive environment for all.