Post Production & Events Intern - Remote Paid Internship (Summer 2023)
At the core of SportsRecruits is a software platform that connects high school athletes & their club organizations to every college coach in the country. Our goal is to bring together student-athletes, college coaches, and event organizers in one network to create opportunities for everyone involved in the athletic recruiting process. Connections made our network have resulted in commitments to the best academic and athletic institutions across the country.
SportsRecruits is privately held and headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. Right now our team is completely remote. We have spent a lot of time cultivating the same lively and tight kit company culture that we had in our office in Brooklyn. We feel confident that we will be able to continue to foster this environment whether our teammates are in the office or working from home.
Check out our team videos here to learn more about working at SportsRecruits!
About Our Internship Program
We have a number of remote intern positions available for a paid summer internship (compensation and academic credits earned). As an intern with SportsRecruits, you will have the opportunity to work in a start-up environment and tackle real-world business challenges. Our internship program is designed to allow you to take full ownership of projects, and get real, hands-on experience with each member of our team. We are looking for innovative and proactive interns who are ready to hit the ground running. Taking on a large amount of responsibility, you will be an integral part of our operations for the duration of the internship.
About the Position: Post Production & Event Management Intern
As a Post Production & Event Management intern, you will report to the Senior Editor. You will be responsible for creating & managing content. This will take the form of managing film production and operational efforts, building highlight reels for high school student-athletes, processing event film generated from video packages sold at recruiting events, and producing marketing content for the SportsRecruits brands and our event partners. You will also an opportunity to contribute to the management of our social media channels, building a consistent brand & increasing engagement. This will require a significant amount of attention to detail. If you read this, write the word "popcorn" in your response when asked what sets you apart from other candidates. You may have the opportunity to travel to regional events.
- Create and distribute premium highlight reels for student-athletes
- Manage quality control of footage & execute thorough film review process
- Manage customer interactions via email & phone support
- Create promotional/marketing content for SportsRecruits and our event partners
- Travel to regional youth sports events possible (optional)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Proficient in social media management and content creation preferred.
- Proficient in promotional content creation. Sports-related experience preferred.
- Experience with digital editing software - Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail & ability to follow instructions.
- Analytical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for sports and the recruiting process.
- Start Date: Monday June 5, 2023
- End Date: Friday September 1, 2023
- Remote: Fully Remote, Option to Report to Manhattan Office
- Paid Internship: Yes
- Opportunity for Academic Credits: Yes
Directions to Apply:
- Navigate to the application on our careers page.
- Complete all fields on the application.
- Attach your resume as a PDF file.
- Attach the contents of your cover letter.
- Complete all questions included on the questionnaire.
- Our hiring team will contact you directly within a few weeks of submitting your application.
What We Offer:
The pay for this position is $15.00 / hour. It’s important to us that our team is happy, and we're always looking for ways to improve our overall work culture and support our employees’ well-being.
This is a remote position, but there is an option to work either full or part-time from our Manhattan office. From Zoom stand-up comedy shows to virtual game nights, we’ve spent a lot of time cultivating a remote version of the lively and tight knit company culture that we had in our Brooklyn office. Whether our teammates feel most comfortable working remote or in the office long-term, we’re confident that we’ll continue to foster a connected, supportive environment for all.
SportsRecruits is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and equal opportunity on our team. Just like the student-athletes we support, we are trying to get better and stronger as a team every day. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strongly believe that the more inclusive our team is, the better we can serve all student-athletes, as well as their families and coaches, who are pursuing their dreams.