Product Designer (UI/UX)
- Full Time
- Mid Level
SportsRecruits is the leading sports recruiting network, connecting athletes, clubs, events, and college coaches in the recruiting process. The company’s network and tools are trusted by sports organizations such as the IWLCA, IMLCA, and Junior Volleyball Association. Every year, millions of connections are made in the network, resulting in commitments to the best academic and athletic institutions.
SportsRecruits is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and equal opportunity on our team. Just like the student-athletes we support, we are trying to get better and stronger as a team everyday. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We truly believe that the more inclusive our team is, the better we can serve all student-athletes, as well as their families and coaches, who are pursuing their dreams.
About this role:
We're hiring a full-time Product Designer who has strong visual design experience to join our small team and make a big impact. You should be an excellent communicator, self-starter, and collaboration enthusiast. Each day, you'll bring a user-centered approach to problem solving to explore and uncover our users' needs and craft experiences that help them achieve their goals.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll take ownership of the whole design process, transforming complex product features and abstract concepts into intuitive and accessible designs for our recruiting platform product. At each stage you will use research, data, and qualitative feedback to ensure the product solves users’ challenges and provides a delightful experience. You’ll collaborate with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure your solutions balance the users’ needs with business objectives and technical considerations. Your work will span a diverse range of projects, giving you the opportunity to flex your creativity in different formats from UI/UX design, to graphic design, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Design, prototype, test, and spec user interfaces and experiences for our recruiting platform product
- Share ownership in the discovery, exploration, and validation of new features and roadmap building
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to design impactful metrics-driven solutions that engage our users
- Contribute to the maintenance and expansion of our product design system
- Ensure the design quality of what we release through constant communication with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and QA Engineers
- Proactively seek feedback from, and offer feedback to, designers and the broader Product Development team in order to continuously improve the quality of our product and the customer experience
- Contribute to a range of projects across product, brand, and marketing
What we’re looking for:
- A well-rounded designer with excellent UI, UX, and visual/graphic design skills who is as comfortable designing a marketing site as they are spec’ing a product workflow
- 1-2+ years of professional experience and a portfolio demonstrating both UI/UX and visual design work
- Communicative and collaborative teammate eager to try new things, learn new skills, and share knowledge and feedback with the rest of the team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to wordsmith UX copy and product positioning
- An eye for detail and the word “potato” creatively placed in your cover letter
- Ability to design and iterate based off of qualitative and quantitative insights
- Confidence with both Figma and Adobe CC (mainly Illustrator and Photoshop), but most importantly the desire to keep leveling-up your proficiency
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, basic JS, and Webflow, or an interest to learn, is a huge plus
What we offer:
It’s important to us that our team is happy, excited, and inspired to come to work each day. We're always looking for ways to improve and support our employees’ well-being. Our benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited time-off policy
- 50% gym membership reimbursement each year
- A remote-first environment with the option to create a hybrid or in-person experience with a WeWork location in downtown NYC
- A small home office set-up stipend